(Sent in by Loyal Reader (and Good Friend) JK)
"Who's Smarter?" by Cindy Osborne.
The Hollywood group is at it again. Holding anti-war rallies, screaming about the Bush Administration, running ads in major newspapers, defaming the President and his Cabinet every chance they get, to anyone and everyone who will listen. They publicly defile them and call them names like "stupid", "morons", and "idiots". Jessica Lange went so far as to tell a crowd in Spain that she hates President Bush and is embarrassed to be an American.
So, just how ignorant are these people who are running the country? Let's look at the biographies of these "stupid", "ignorant", "moronic" leaders:
President GEORGE W. BUSH:
- Received a Bachelors Degree from Yale University and an MBA from Harvard Business School.
- Served as an F-102 pilot for the Texas Air National Guard.
- Oil and gas businessman 1975 til 1986.
- Elected Governor of Texas in 1994 with 53.5 percent of the vote.
- Re-election Governor in 1998 with 68.6 percent of the vote.
Secretary of State COLIN POWELL:
- Educated in the New York City public schools, graduating from the City College of New York (CCNY), where he earned a Bachelor's Degree in geology.
- Participated in ROTC at CCNY and received a commission as an Army Second Lieutenant upon graduation in June 1958.
- His academic achievements include a Master of Business Administration Degree from George Washington University.
- Recipient of numerous U.S. and foreign military awards and decorations.
- Recipient of civilian awards include two Presidential Medals of Freedom, the President's Citizens Medal, the Congressional Gold Medal, the Secretary of State Distinguished Service Medal, and the Secretary of Energy Distinguished Service Medal.
- Several schools and other institutions have been named in his honor and he holds honorary degrees from universities and colleges across the country.
- He retired a Four Star General in the United States Army.
Secretary of Defense DONALD RUMSFELD:
- Attended Princeton University on Scholarship, AB, 1954
- Served in the U.S. Navy (1954-57) as a Naval aviator.
- Congressional Assistant to Rep. Robert Griffin (R-MI), 1957-59.
- U.S. Representative, Illinois, 1962-69.
- Assistant to the President, Director of the Office of Economic Opportunity.
- Director of the Cost of Living Council, 1969-74.
- U.S. Ambassador to NATO, 1973-74.
- Head of Presidential Transition Team, 1974.
- Assistant to the President, Director of White House Office of Operations.
- White House Chief of Staff, 1974-77.
- Secretary of Defense, 1975-77.
So who are these celebrities? What is their education? What is their experience in affairs of State or in National Security?
BARBRA STREISAND: Completed high school. Career: Singing and acting.
CHER: Dropped out of school in 9th grade. Career: Singing and acting.
MARTIN SHEEN: Flunked exam to enter University of Dayton. Career: Acting.
JESSICA LANGE: Dropped out college mid-freshman year. Career: Acting.
ALEC BALDWIN: Dropped out of George Washington University after scandal. Career: Acting.
JULIA ROBERTS: Completed high school. Career: Acting.
SEAN PENN: Completed High school. Career: Acting.
SUSAN SARANDON: Degree in Drama from Catholic University of America in Washington, D.C. Career: Acting.
ED ASNER: Completed High school. Career: Acting.
GEORGE CLOONEY: Dropped out of University of Kentucky. Career: Acting.
MICHAEL MOORE: Dropped out first year University of Michigan. Career: Movie Director.
SARAH JESSICA PARKER: Completed High School. Career: Acting.
JENNIFER ANISTON: Completed High School. Career: Acting.
MIKE FARRELL: Completed High school. Career: Acting.
JANEANE GAROFALO: Dropped out of College. Career: Stand-up comedy and Acting.
LARRY HAGMAN: Attended Bard College for one year. Career: Acting.
Comparing the education and experience levels of these two groups, you should remember that President Bush and his cabinet are:
- Briefed daily, even hourly, on the War on Terror and threats to our security.
- Privy to information gathered around the world concerning the Middle East, the threats to America, the intentions of terrorists and terrorist-supporting governments.
- In constant communication with the CIA, the FBI, Interpol, NATO, The United Nations, our own military, and our allies around the world.
These celebrities have no:
- Intelligence-gathering agents (Other than the Hollyweird gossip grapevine - Drumwaster).
- Fact-finding groups.
- Insight into the minds of those who would destroy our country.
So, why all the hype out of Hollywood? Could these celebrities believe that since they draw such astronomical salaries, they are entitled to:
- Determine the course of our Nation?
- Make viable decisions concerning war and peace?
Did MICHAEL MOORE have the backing of the Nation when he recently thanked France, on our behalf, for being a "good enough friend to tell us we were wrong"?
Does SEAN PENN fancy himself a diplomat, in going to Iraq when we are just weeks away from war? Does he believe that his High School Diploma gives him the knowledge (and the right) to go to a country that is controlled by a maniacal dictator, and speak on behalf of the American people? Or is it the fact that he pulls in more money per year than the average American worker will see in a lifetime? Does his bank account give him clout?
The ultimate irony is that many of these celebrities have made a shambles of their own lives, with drug abuse, alcoholism, numerous marriages and divorces, scrapes with the law, publicized temper tantrums, etc. How dare they pretend to know what is best for an entire nation! What is even more bizarre is how many people in this country listen and accept their views, simply because they liked them in a certain movie, or have fond memories of an old television sitcom!
It is time for us, as citizens of the United States, to educate ourselves about the world around us. If future generations are going to enjoy the freedoms that our forefathers bequeathed us, if they are ever to know peace in their own country and their world, to live without fear of terrorism striking in their own cities, we must assure that this nation remains strong. We must make certain that those who would destroy us are made aware of the severe consequences that will befall them.
Yes, it is a wonderful dream to sit down with dictators and terrorists and join hands, singing Cumbaya [sic] and talking of world peace. But it is not real. We did not stop Adolf Hitler from taking over the entire continent of Europe by simply talking to him. We sent our best and brightest, with the strength and determination that this Country is known for, and defeated the Nazi regime. President JOHN F. KENNEDY did not stop the Soviet ships from unloading their nuclear missiles in Cuba in 1962 with mere words. He stopped them with action, and threat of immediate war if the ships did not turn around. We did not end the Cold War with conferences. It ended with the strong belief of President RONALD REAGAN...PEACE through STRENGTH."